Make an Impact
Skiing down a mountain, saddling up a horse, or rafting along a river are enjoyable experiences for many people. But for an individual with a disability, these activities can signify the road to a fuller life.
Each year, more than 3,000 individuals with disabilities discover the benefits of recreation through the National Sports Center for the Disabled. Whether a five-year-old with Down Syndrome, or a 65-year-old recovering from a brain injury, our programs help people find their ability and are incredibly rewarding.
Sports and recreation activities are expensive, and our participants depend on us to provide adaptive equipment, specially-trained instructors, and coaches. The NSCD receives only 15 percent of its revenue from participant fees. The remaining 85 percent comes from philanthropic gifts, grants, fundraising events, and sponsorships.
Here are examples of what your dollars provide:
- $45 will purchase a device that holds the tips of skis together.
- $75 will pay for one volunteer training clinic.
- $100 will help us replace a pair of ski boots.
- $210 will buy an outrigger, the forearm crutch with a ski tip attached.
- $600 will feed a horse in our therapeutic riding program for a summer.
- $1,000 will sponsor an athlete for a year.
- $2,500 will help us purchase a sit-ski.
- $5,000 will help us underwrite the costs our weekly ski program for 20 children with disabilities.
Ways to Give
Because the NSCD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your gift is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We are grateful to all of you who give generously to the NSCD. Below are different ways to give to the NSCD::
Do you want to set up a recurring gift to the NSCD? By clicking the link below, you are redirected to coloradogives.org and the donation is deposited directly into the NSCD account – you determine the amount and the frequency you want to give. This is an automatic contribution you set up by selecting “RECURRING” and then choose weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly or other.
In Memory of or Tribute Gifts are a timeless way to remember someone who has impacted the lives of others. To set up this special gift, click the link below and you will be redirected to coloradogives.org. The donation is deposited directly into the NSCD account. After you enter the gift amount, you enter the name of the person you would like to remember – we do the rest.
Company Match Opportunities
Did you know many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, contact your companies human resource representative.
Other ways to give are:
- Charitable Bequests / Planned Gifts
- In Kind Donations / Services
- Gifts of Stocks or Securities
- Cars Helping Charities: Donate a car to the NSCD today! We’ve partnered with Cars Helping Charities to provide you with an easy way to donate a vehicle to the NSCD. Your car donation is tax deductible, towing is free and donating your car to charity provides the NSCD with valuable monetary support. Get rid of that unwanted car by donating it to the NSCD! To start the car donation process simply fill out our car donation form online here or call Cars Helping Charities at 866-701-2277 (CARS) and speak to a car donation specialist.
If you would like more information on convenient and meaningful ways to support the NSCD, please contact . Thank you!
The NSCD Wish List
All our programs are made possible through the generosity of individuals, businesses and foundations who donate gifts of time, money and services.
Please help us obtain the following items:
- Curling Stones
- Large Barrel Pump
- Audible Sports Balls
- Hockey Equipment
- Skateboards/Skateboard Parts
- Canoes and Double Kayaks
- Adaptive Downhill Mountain Bike
- Green Dental Care – Green DPopup Shade Tent
CompassTools Memorial to Flag Day Discount and Donation – Purchase your new device, update our existing equipment, get a discount, a drone or a tablet, and CompassTools will apply 2% of the sale, benefiting the world renowned National Sport Center for the Disabled (NSCD), to support Disabled Veterans athletes to experience winter and summer activities.
Green Dental Care – Green Dental Care is a general dentistry practice that excels in all facets of family dentistry, including more advanced dental procedures such as dental implants, Invisalign, wisdom teeth removal, root canals, and many more services to satisfy each patient’s unique dental needs and desires. Patient satisfaction and convenience is our top priority! Green Dental Care is located in Parker, CO. Any NSCD adult volunteer, participant or staff that become new patient will receive their choice of a Sonicare toothbrush or Sonicare air flosser as a gift. In addition, for every new patient a portion will go to a quarterly donation to the NSCD. For patients interested please call 720-845-5252 or visit Green Dental Care.
Elitch Gardens – Support the NSCD and have some family fun this summer by visiting Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park in Denver! Buy discounted tickets through the NSCD’s link and help support the NSCD! One day tickets and season passes available.
Amazon Smile – Support the NSCD by utilizing Amazon Smile. Amazon will donate 5% of your purchase to the NSCD, at no cost to you! If you already have an Amazon account, your login information will not change. Start shopping here.
King Soopers – Support the NSCD by shopping at your neighborhood King Soopers! The NSCD receives 5% of every dollar you reload onto your card. To order a card, please send a check for $5.00 payable to the NSCD along with a self-addressed envelope to: