Junior Volunteer Instructor – Age 16-17
This program is a fantastic way for the next generation of volunteers to get involved and helps high school students investigate the professional world of teaching, recreation or therapeutic recreation, rehabilitation services, volunteer management, or special education! Junior Instructors will always have an experienced volunteer with them as they hit the slopes!
Volunteer Commitment: We train you to work with adaptive students and equipment. Training begins in November and continues through January. Volunteering opportunities begin in January.
- Gold Jr. Volunteer: 10 volunteer days, 4 training days. Earn a free ski pass to Winter Park Resort.
- Silver Jr, Volunteer: 5 volunteer days, 4 training days. Earn 5 free ski days at Winter Park Resort.
Schedule: The average volunteer day is from 8:45 to 4:00 p.m. Programs operate Sunday through Saturday. We have 5-week programs that begin the first weekend in January and run for 5-weeks at a time throughout the winter season. In addition, we have custom groups that are scheduled on varying dates and durations. Typically a volunteer picks the same day each week to volunteer throughout season or can volunteer on flexible days with Custom Groups.
- Must provide your own ski/snowboard equipment (NSCD provides rentals for a fee and on an ‘as available basis’ after ensuring participants have the equipment they need)
- Must be an intermediate skier/rider (or advanced-beginner) Must be turning 16-years old during the current ski season
- Volunteer fees range from $25 to $60
- Lunch is usually spent with the student and/or group