Donate to NSCD

Thank you for donating to the NSCD! Sports and recreation activities are expensive, and our participants depend on us to provide adaptive equipment, specially-trained instructors and coaches. The NSCD receives only 15 percent of its revenue from participant fees. The remaining 85 percent comes from philanthropic gifts, grants, fundraising events and sponsorships. Without your support, we could not do what we do each day. Any questions? Contact us at [email protected] or (303) 293-5711. Thank you! If you would prefer to donate via cash or check, please mail to:

NSCD
1801 Mile High Stadium Circle, Suite 1500
Denver, CO 80204


The NSCD respects donor privacy and all donor information remains confidential.  The NSCD will not share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.  Donor information will only be shared if the donor has given specific permission to do so. Payments are securely processed by Blackbaud (click link above for details).


Click to open Impact Report

Make an Impact

Skiing down a mountain, saddling up a horse, or rafting along a river are enjoyable experiences for many people. For an individual with a disability, these activities can signify the road to a fuller life.

Each year, more than 4,000 individuals with disabilities discover the benefits of recreation through the National Sports Center for the Disabled. Whether a five-year-old with Down Syndrome or a 65-year-old recovering from a brain injury, our programs help people find their ability and are incredibly rewarding.

Sports and recreation activities are expensive, and our participants depend on us to provide adaptive equipment, specially-trained instructors and coaches. The NSCD receives only 15 percent of its revenue from participant fees. The remaining 85 percent comes from philanthropic gifts, grants, fundraising events and sponsorships.

Here are examples of what your dollars provide:

  • $45 will purchase a device that holds the tips of skis together.
  • $75 will pay for one volunteer training clinic.
  • $100 will help us replace a pair of ski boots.
  • $600 will feed a horse in our therapeutic riding program for a summer.
  • $1,000 will sponsor an athlete for a year.
  • $2,500 will help us purchase a sit-ski.
  • $5,000 will help us underwrite the costs of our weekly ski program for 20 children with disabilities.

Other Ways to Give

WebThe NSCD participants appreciate your generosity as it is vital in funding life-enhancing opportunities to people with disabilities.

Because the NSCD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. We are grateful to all of you who give generously to the NSCD. Below are different ways to give to the NSCD:

Recurring Gifts

Do you want to set up a recurring gift to the NSCD? By clicking the link below, you are redirected to the NSCD’s donation page. After you enter your donation amount, check the box indicating “Make this a recurring gift”. From the following drop-down menu you can enter the frequency at which you want to give. These donations are processed automatically at the frequency that you choose, and your donations are deposited directly into the NSCD’s account.

Click here to set up a Recurring Gift

Company Match Opportunities

Did you know that many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees? To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, contact your company’s human resource representative.

In Memoriam

In Memory Memoriam or Tribute Gifts are a timeless way to remember someone who has impacted the lives of others. To set up this special gift, click the link below and you will be redirected to the NSCD’s donation page. After you enter the gift amount, check the box indicating “The above donation is in honor, memory, or support of someone” and enter the name of the person you would like to remember – we do the rest. The donation is deposited directly into the NSCD’s account.

Click here to make a Memorial/Tribute Gift


Start a Fundraiser for the NSCD

Share your NSCD story with friends and family, with the goal of funding our adaptive programs for years to come! Start a Crowdrise fundraiser today by clicking here, selecting “Start a Campaign,” and then “Create a Campaign”. Choose to join one of our existing campaigns, like Run4NSCD, Ski4NSCD, or the Volunteer2Peer Challenge, or create your own! From there you can customize your fundraiser and manage it from start to finish, with all of the money raised benefiting the life-changing therapeutic recreation and adaptive sports programs offered by the NSCD. For more help on getting started, please contact Annabelle at [email protected] or 303-293-5312.

AmazonSmile

Support the NSCD by utilizing AmazonSmile, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchases at no cost to you! If you already have an Amazon account, your login information will not change. Just start your Amazon shopping here instead of your usual home page, or download the AmazonSmile app on your mobile device today. Make sure the NSCD is selected as your charity of choice under your account page!

Fundraise on Facebook for the NSCD

Facebook makes it easy for you to start a fundraiser for the NSCD in just a few minutes! Support our organization by creating a birthday fundraiser, or just spread the word about your involvement with the NSCD while raising donations from Facebook friends. Get started by clicking here, choosing “Select Nonprofit”, then entering National Sports Center for the Disabled. All donations will go directly to our organization, as Facebook does not charge any fees!

King Soopers and City Market Community Rewards Program

If you shop at King Soopers or City Market, just swiping your Plus Card or entering your Alternate ID at checkout can now raise money for the NSCD. It only takes a few minutes to get started –  as all you need to do is link your current Kroger account to the NSCD by following the steps below:

  1. Login to your online Kroger account, then find the Community Rewards section under “My Account” on the top right side of the page.
    • For King Soopers Shoppers, click here.
    • For City Market Shoppers, click here.
    • If you haven’t started your online Kroger account yet, but have a current Plus Card or Alternate ID that you use at checkout, then create your account click here. If you don’t have a rewards card or Alternate ID that you use at checkout, then click here.
  2. Search for NSCD by typing in our name or “RE728”
  3. Click “Enroll.”

Vehicles For Charity

If you have an unwanted car or truck that you’d like to get out of that driveway, donate it to the NSCD through Vehicles For Charity! You can donate most vehicles including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. Donated vehicles don’t need to be in running condition, as Vehicles For Charity will arrange to tow your vehicle if necessary. Your car donation is tax deductible and will provide valuable monetary support to our organization. Click here to start the car donation process, or call 1-866-628-2277.

If you have questions or need assistance creating your fundraiser, please contact Annabelle at [email protected] or 303- 293-5312.


Other ways to give include:

  • In-Kind Donations/Services
  • Gifts of Stocks or Securities
  • Charitable Bequests/Planned Gifts

If you would like more information on convenient and meaningful ways to support the NSCD, please contact us at [email protected]. Thank you!


GuideStar

The NSCD is proud to have GuideStar’s Platinum Seal of Transparency – the highest level of recognition. The Platinum rating demonstrates that the NSCD is committed to measuring program results in addition to providing transparent information to donors. Check out our Nonprofit Profile here.