What is the National Sports Center for the Disabled’s vaccination policy?
By November 1, 2021, or prior to attending programs at the NSCD, the NSCD will expect all participants that are eligible under current CDC guidelines to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an exemption approved by NSCD and provide regular negative COVID test results. To request an exemption please contact Human Resources in writing at [email protected]. For the purposes of this policy, an individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single-dose vaccine (Janssen) and remain current with any future required doses or boosters. Children 5 to 11 years old need to be fully vaccinated by February 1, 2022 to participate in NSCD programs.
Individuals who do not fulfil one of these two requirements will not be able to participate in NSCD programs.
To establish that they are fully vaccinated, participants or their legal guardians will sign a vaccination attestation during registration and must present one of the following for inspection by the NSCD staff during the program check-in process:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or photo of the card
- Documentation of vaccination from a health care provider or electronic health record
- State immunization information system record
The NSCD will treat all such information as confidential.
What can I do to be prepared before coming to a program at the NSCD?
- Click below to watch a video on what to expect when your arrive for your lesson!
Will I be refunded if I have already paid for my reservation?
- Call Customer Service at 970-726-1518 to cancel a reservation, as early as possible, if the participant receives a positive COVID-19 test result within 14 days of their reservation or exhibits the following symptoms within 48 hours prior to the reservation: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea.
- If an individual participant exhibits the symptoms above or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 they will receive a full refund. The NSCD cannot guarantee a rebooking date for another reservation. The NSCD may require a signed health screening form or copy of the positive test results to process the refund.
- If a participant(s) in a group reservation exhibits the symptoms above or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 resulting in the cancellation of a reservation(s), the pro-rated amount for the affected individual(s) will be refunded. The reservation cannot be rebooked for another date. The NSCD may require a signed health screening form or copy of the positive test results to process the refund.
- If Winter Park Resort, other partner facilities and/or the NSCD is closed due to COVID-19, individual participant and group reservations will be refunded in full.
Who should I contact if I have a question about my reservation?
- You can email [email protected] and someone will contact you within 24 hours. You may also call our Customer Service line at 970-726-1518.
What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what are the symptoms?
- The CDC describes the Coronavirus disease as a respiratory illness that is easily spread person to person. It is a novel virus that was first identified in Wuhan, China. Patients with the illness have symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath. If you develop any emergency warning signs such as difficulty breathing/shortness of breath, pain and/or pressure in the chest, confusion or inability to arouse and bluish lips or face please seek medical attention immediately.
What are some things we should be doing during this time?
- To help contain the virus the CDC/WHO has recommended practicing physical distancing. This means limiting interactions out in the public, remaining at least 6ft apart from other people and avoid gatherings of groups of 10 or more people. If you begin to feel any symptoms contact your primary care doctor immediately and self-quarantine yourself inside your home.