Participant/Volunteer COVID-19 Notice and Acknowledgment
- I understand that the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization. I further understand that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and may be contracted from various sources, particularly because of community spread all across Colorado. I understand COVID-19 has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious.
- I also understand and agree that I must follow all safety measures to lower and prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19, including wearing a mask, maintaining a 6-foot social distance from others, regularly handwashing and sanitizing, and allowing my temperature and symptoms to be checked before participation in any National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) program.
- I am informed that the NSCD has implemented preventative measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, given the nature of the virus, I understand there may be an inherent risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 by participating in a NSCD program.
- I accordingly understand that by attending a NSCD program, I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. I agree that neither NSCD nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or other NSCD program participants is liable for any potential exposure to, or illness or injury from, COVID-19, which is not a direct result of negligence on their part.
How long are programs cancelled for?
- We are providing limited programming in Denver and Winter Park. We are following guidelines form state and local authorities. Check the participate page at nscd.org or call 970-726-1518 for more information.
Why are programs cancelled?
- The NSCD has a responsibility to the health and well-being of our participants, volunteers and staff. We are following the recommendations from the CCDC, World Health Organization and other Federal and State sources to keep our community healthy. We cannot open programs that provide transportation or overnight stays. Groups sizes are also limited.
What can I do to be prepared before coming to a program at the NSCD?
- For all participants, staff and volunteers know that face coverings will be required, daily health screenings will be implemented, increased cleaning and disinfection procedures will be in place, and there will be limited access to gathering or waiting indoors as well as limited space to store personal belongings. Things will look and feel a bit different as we implement health and safety procedures, limit the number of people in our facilities to ensure physical distancing, and focus on programs that can be provided under these guidelines.
Will I be refunded if I have already paid for my reservation?
- Call Customer Service at 970-726-1518 to cancel a reservation, as early as possible, if the participant receives a positive COVID-19 test result within 14 days of their reservation or exhibits the following symptoms within 48 hours prior to the reservation: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea.
- If an individual participant exhibits the symptoms above or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 they will receive a full refund. The NSCD cannot guarantee a rebooking date for another reservation. The NSCD may require a signed health screening form or copy of the positive test results to process the refund.
- If a participant(s) in a group reservation exhibits the symptoms above or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 resulting in the cancellation of a reservation(s), the pro-rated amount for the affected individual(s) will be refunded. The reservation cannot be rebooked for another date. The NSCD may require a signed health screening form or copy of the positive test results to process the refund.
- If Winter Park Resort, other partner facilities and/or the NSCD is closed due to COVID-19, individual participant and group reservations will be refunded in full.
Who should I contact if I have a question about my reservation?
- You can email [email protected] and someone will contact you within 24 hours. You may also call our Customer Service line at 970-726-1518.
What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what are the symptoms?
- The CDC describes the Coronavirus disease as a respiratory illness that is easily spread person to person. It is a novel virus that was first identified in Wuhan, China. Patients with the illness have symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath. If you develop any emergency warning signs such as difficulty breathing/shortness of breath, pain and/or pressure in the chest, confusion or inability to arouse and bluish lips or face please seek medical attention immediately.
What are some things we should be doing during this time?
- To help contain the virus the CDC/WHO has recommended practicing physical distancing. This means limiting interactions out in the public, remaining at least 6ft apart from other people and avoid gatherings of groups of 10 or more people. If you begin to feel any symptoms contact your primary care doctor immediately and self-quarantine yourself inside your home.