Experience the world of adaptive sports first-hand by helping the NSCD run a variety of sports programs. Most of these activities will be held in camp or clinic-type settings. Some of the sports programs that you can help facilitate are:
- Target Sports: Golf
- Combat Sports: Fencing, Boxing
- Team Sports: Soccer, Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, Lacrosse, Football, Rugby and much more
- NSCD Moves!: Adaptive Parkour-Style Obstacle Course
- NSCD Zone: Variety of the above activities
No experience is required for any of these volunteer activities, as volunteers are taught the basic skills they need to know to host rotating stations and otherwise assist that day. The sport we practice may even change that day, depending on the interests of the participants. Being enthusiastic, physically active, able to follow directions and willing to cheer on our participants are the only requirements to be a volunteer for these programs!
- Various locations in the Denver metro area, including Carmody Recreation Center, Gold Crown Field House, Salvation Army Red Shield and much more.
- Must be 18 years of age or older (16 or older if you are a Junior Volunteer)
- Volunteer application
- Background Check – $16 fee
- Privacy and confidentiality agreement – complete and email
- Liability waiver – complete and email