Junior Volunteer: Age 14-17
This program is a fantastic way for the next generation of volunteers to get involved and it helps high school students investigate the professional world of teaching, recreation or therapeutic recreation, rehabilitation services, volunteer management or special education!
Junior Volunteer Application Therapeutic Horseback Riding
Join us at the Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program this summer to assist with horseback rides, ranch duties, and/or feeding shifts. We’ll teach you everything you need to know! We offer a variety of lessons from beginner to advanced with arena work or trail rides. If you volunteer 50+ hours throughout the summer, you can be eligible for a YMCA Annual Season Pass!
As a volunteer you will assist with:
- Prepping and cleaning the horses before and after the lessons
- Assisting participants with riding the horse
- Leading the horse during the lesson
- Helping the participant to follow the instructions from the instructor
- Feeding, watering and general horse care
- Miscellaneous ranch duties and activity preparation
Schedule: Tuesdays – Saturdays, June through September
Location: YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch | Granby, CO
- Must be 14 years or older
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, be able to walk on various terrain (sand, dirt, rock, etc.) and be prepared to work in all weather conditions.