Water Sports: Canoe, Kayak, Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) and Fishing
For indoor pool sessions or outdoor paddling sessions, volunteers work with participants on their basic paddling skill, including but not limited to: wet entry and exit, rolling and paddling. Volunteers, please bring food and water when necessary. Duties include assisting with set up and breakdown of all activities. Some experience with paddle sports is recommended. For fishing sessions, volunteers can relax with us out on the water and help teach our participants the finer points of fishing! Volunteers will help instruct on casting, how to use different lures/bait, and share their knowledge on different types of fish. If you are volunteering for a fishing session and have your own fishing equipment please feel free to bring it for personal use.
Schedule: Outdoor: June – August | Indoor: Year-round
- Various locations in the Denver metro area, including Carmody Recreation Center, Bear Creek Lake and more.
- Must be 18 years of age or older (16 or older if you are a Junior Volunteer)
- Must provide own athletic clothing/shoes, including a swimsuit and a change of clothing
- Volunteer Application
- Background Check – $16 fee
- Privacy and Confidentiality Agreement – complete and email to [email protected]
- Liability Waiver – complete and email to [email protected]