Interested in Volunteering?
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you.
Fields with an (*) are required.
Volunteer with the NSCD
The driving force behind the NSCD is a team of more than 1,300 hands-on volunteers who dedicate over 30,000 hours annually to helping people with a disability to ski, snowboard, kayak, rock climb, play team sports and achieve their personal best. NSCD participants have developmental, physical, and/or emotional/behavioral disabilities. Our volunteers enhance the lives of our participants through sport.
How to Volunteer
Interested in volunteering? You can complete a volunteer application and we’ll get in contact with you before the season starts. Also, you can fill out the volunteer interest form to the right and we’ll get in contact with you to talk about the best opportunities available for you. To talk with us directly please call our office at 970.726.1546.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life from all over the world! The volunteer opportunities at the NSCD are plentiful and appeal to individuals with a variety of skillsets and available time commitments. Whether you are a sports enthusiast wanting to give back to your community or someone with business skills and spare time on your hands – we have the volunteer opportunity for you.
- Must possess a passion for helping others
- Volunteer Program Instructors (Ski/Board instructors, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, etc.) must be 16+ years to volunteer (we do accept 14+ year olds as Junior Volunteers in our Therapeutic Horseback Riding program)
- Must be comfortable with or have experience in the sport you want to volunteer for
- Must provide your own athletic gear/equipment
Where you Volunteer
We have volunteer opportunities throughout the Metro Area and Winter Park.
- Winter Park Resort –
- Fall/Winter: skiing/riding instructors (alpine and Nordic), administrative/special events, photographer, equipment shop, therapeutic horse riding
- Spring/Summer: therapeutic horse riding, shuttle driver, resort activities, camping, hiking, administrative/special events
- Denver Metro Area –
- Fall/Winter: kayaking, rock climbing, administrative/special events
- Spring/Summer: kayaking, rock climbing, sports camps, administrative/special events