Interested in Volunteering?
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you.
Fields with an (*) are required.
Volunteer with the NSCD
The driving force behind the NSCD is a team of more than 1,300 hands-on volunteers who dedicate over 30,000 hours annually to helping people with a disability to ski, snowboard, kayak, rock climb, play team sports and achieve their personal best. NSCD participants have developmental, physical, and/or emotional/behavioral disabilities. Our volunteers enhance the lives of our participants through sport.
* Winter Volunteer Applications – will be available September 1, 2018
* NEW Winter Volunteer Training – Saturday, October 6, 2018, 8:00 – 12:00 PM
Tennyson Center for Children, 2950 Tennyson St., Denver, CO 80212
Current NSCD Volunteers
Once you submit a volunteer application, and it has been processed, you will receive a Username and Password for the NSCD Volunteer Information Center from the NSCD’s Volunteer Services team. The NSCD Volunteer Information Center is where you will receive sign-up options for orientation, training and volunteer days as well as important notices, etc.
Once you have received your Username and Password – click below access to the NSCD Volunteer Information System:
New NSCD Volunteers
Interested in volunteering? You can complete a volunteer application and we’ll get in contact with you before the season starts. Also, you can fill out the volunteer interest form to the right and we’ll get in contact with you to talk about the best opportunities available for you. To talk with the NSCD Volunteer Services team directly please call our office at (970) 726-1546.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life from all over the world! The volunteer opportunities at the NSCD are plentiful and appeal to individuals with a variety of skill-sets and available time commitments. Whether you are a sports enthusiast wanting to give back to your community or someone with business skills and spare time on your hands – we have the volunteer opportunity for you.
- Must possess a passion for helping others
- Volunteer Program Instructors (Ski/Board instructors, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, etc.) must be 16+ years to volunteer (we do accept 14+ year olds as Junior Volunteers in our Therapeutic Horseback Riding program)
- Must be comfortable with or have experience in the sport you want to volunteer for
- Must provide your own athletic gear/equipment
Where You Volunteer
We have volunteer opportunities throughout the Denver metro area and Winter Park/Fraser Valley. Click on the various volunteer opportunities to the left to learn more.