Experience the thrill of rafting with your family, friends or group. Learn the basics of raft and water safety. Enjoy a trip down the river in rafts or duckies. Participants must be independent and manage self-care or bring a care-giver to provide assistance. We offer a variety of adaptive equipment to make these trips safe, comfortable and enjoyable for the whole group.
All or part of these raft trips are conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. Licensed River Outfitter – Issued by Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
Mountain Raft Trip
Each family or group must have a minimum of 5 people. Please feel free to call (303) 515-NSCD (6723) for more information.
For a half-day option, we offer a four-mile trip through the Little Gore Canyon. Participants looking for a full day of adventure and exploration can enjoy a 10 mile trip through the Little Gore Canyon and Yarmony Canyon. Both trips offer many opportunities to spot a variety of wildlife including beavers, river otters, big horn sheep, mule deer, mink, a variety of ducks, and several types of trout. If your group is lucky, you might even spot a black bear or bald eagles and their nests of eaglets.
Dates: June 1st – August 31st, Daily
Location: Upper Colorado River, near Kremmling, CO
Time: Half Day AM: Check-in at 9:30am, trips are from 10:00am-12:00pm
Half Day PM: Check-in at 12:30pm, trips are from 1:00pm-3:00pm
Full Day: Check-in at 9:30am, trips are from 10:00am-3:00pm
Price: Half Day: $70 per person | Full Day: $95 per person
Ages: 5 & up
Optional Lunch: $12 per person (the entire group must opt-in for lunch)
Half Day Raft:
- Times: Arrive by 9:30am or 12:30pm for check-in. Trips are 10:00am-12:00pm or 1:00-3:00pm, and they will launch promptly at 10:00am or 1:00pm.
- Level of Difficulty: Easy – Class II/III rapids
- Put-In Location: Pumphouse launch site #1
- Take-Out Location: Radium
- *The stretch of the river may change based on the needs and goals of participants.
Call customer service for availability prior to booking: (303) 515-NSCD (6723). Reservations must be made at least 7 business days in advance of requested raft trip date.
Full Day Raft:
- Times: Arrive no later than 9:30am. Trip will launch promptly at 10:00am. Trip is 10:00am-4:00pm with a half hour break for lunch on shore (Lunch is not provided by the NSCD. Please come prepared with a sack lunch unless otherwise arranged prior).
- Level of Difficulty: Easy – Class II/III Rapids
- Put-In Location: Launch Site #1 @ Pumphouse
- Take-out Location: Rancho del Rio
- **The stretch of the river may change based on the needs of the participants and goals of the trip.
Call customer service for availability prior to booking: (303) 515-NSCD (6723)
IMPORTANT REMINDER: the NSCD does not allow children under 5 years old to raft in our program.
*The put-in and take-out location may change based on the needs of the participants and goals of the trip.