Donate to NSCD
Skiing down a mountain, saddling up a horse, or rafting along a river are enjoyable experiences for many people. But for an individual with a disability, these activities can signify the road to a fuller life.
Each year, more than 3,000 individuals with disabilities discover the benefits of recreation through the National Sports Center for the Disabled. Whether a five-year-old with Down Syndrome, or a 65-year-old recovering from a brain injury, our programs help people find their ability and are incredibly rewarding.
Sports and recreation activities are expensive, and our participants depend on us to provide adaptive equipment, specially-trained instructors, and coaches. The NSCD receives only 15 percent of its revenue from participant fees. The remaining 85 percent comes from philanthropic gifts, grants, fundraising events, and sponsorships.
Here are examples of what your dollars provide:
- $45 will purchase a device that holds the tips of skis together.
- $75 will pay for one volunteer training clinic.
- $100 will help us replace a pair of ski boots.
- $210 will buy an outrigger, the forearm crutch with a ski tip attached.
- $600 will feed a horse in our therapeutic riding program for a summer.
- $1,000 will sponsor an athlete for a year.
- $2,500 will help us purchase a sit-ski.
- $5,000 will help us underwrite the costs our weekly ski program for 20 children with disabilities.
Ways to Give
Because the NSCD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your gift is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We are grateful to all of you who give generously to the NSCD in the following ways:
- Monthly Gifts
- Annual Gifts
- Matching Gifts
- Memorial/Tribute Gifts
- Charitable Bequests / Planned Gifts
- In Kind Donations / Services
- Gifts of Stocks or Securities
- Cars Helping Charities: Donate your unwanted vehicle to the NSCD today! Cars Helping Charities provides a hassle-free way to take your unwanted car and turn it into a tax deductible donation to the NSCD. They will take your information, handle all the paperwork, tow your vehicle at no charge and sell it with the proceeds going directly to the NSCD. Contact them by clicking here or by calling (303) 423-CARS.
If you would like more information on convenient and meaningful ways to support the NSCD, please contact email@example.com. Thank you!
The NSCD Wish List
When you support the NSCD, you help us provide life changing experiences through therapeutic sports and recreation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to contribute.
All our programs are made possible through the generosity of individuals, businesses and foundations who donate gifts of time, money and services.
Please help us obtain the following items:
- Sports pennies – bib or sleeve style for differentiating teams
- Adult archery sets
- Bocce game equipment
- Croquet game equipment
- Camping cots
- Week-long lodging for up to 12 people (NSCD hosted camps – various times of year)
- Air miles from carriers operating out to Denver
- Carabiners – loadbearing, notchless, locking carabiners
- Roll of 1″ width polypropylene webbing (1,100 lb strength)
- 25 heavy duty 1″ cam buckles (2,000 lb strength)
- Radio headsets for guiding blind skiers – call NSCD for specifics
- HD video camera – call NSCD for specifics
- Extra-large digital picture frame