Make an Impact
When you donate to the NSCD, you are redirected to the Colorado Gives page. ColoradoGives.org is a year-round, online giving website featuring more than 1,800 Colorado nonprofit organizations. Made possible by Community First Foundation since 2007, ColoradoGives.org encourages charitable giving by providing comprehensive, objective and up-to-date information about Colorado nonprofits and an easy way to support them online.
Skiing down a mountain, saddling up a horse, or rafting along a river are enjoyable experiences for many people. But for an individual with a disability, these activities can signify the road to a fuller life.
Each year, more than 3,000 individuals with disabilities discover the benefits of recreation through the National Sports Center for the Disabled. Whether a five-year-old with Down Syndrome, or a 65-year-old recovering from a brain injury, our programs help people find their ability and are incredibly rewarding.
Sports and recreation activities are expensive, and our participants depend on us to provide adaptive equipment, specially-trained instructors, and coaches. The NSCD receives only 15 percent of its revenue from participant fees. The remaining 85 percent comes from philanthropic gifts, grants, fundraising events, and sponsorships.
Here are examples of what your dollars provide:
- $45 will purchase a device that holds the tips of skis together.
- $75 will pay for one volunteer training clinic.
- $100 will help us replace a pair of ski boots.
- $210 will buy an outrigger, the forearm crutch with a ski tip attached.
- $600 will feed a horse in our therapeutic riding program for a summer.
- $1,000 will sponsor an athlete for a year.
- $2,500 will help us purchase a sit-ski.
- $5,000 will help us underwrite the costs our weekly ski program for 20 children with disabilities.
Ways to Give
Because the NSCD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your gift is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We are grateful to all of you who give generously to the NSCD. Below are different ways to give to the NSCD::
Do you want to set up a recurring gift to the NSCD? By clicking the link below, you are redirected to coloradogives.org and the donation is deposited directly into the NSCD account – you determine the amount and the frequency you want to give. This is an automatic contribution you set up by selecting “RECURRING” and then choose weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly or other.
In Memory of or Tribute Gifts are a timeless way to remember someone who has impacted the lives of others. To set up this special gift, click the link below and you will be redirected to coloradogives.org. The donation is deposited directly into the NSCD account. After you enter the gift amount, you enter the name of the person you would like to remember – we do the rest.
Company Match Opportunities
Did you know many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, contact your companies human resource representative.
Other ways to give are:
- Charitable Bequests / Planned Gifts
- In Kind Donations / Services
- Gifts of Stocks or Securities
- Cars Helping Charities: Donate your unwanted vehicle to the NSCD today! Cars Helping Charities provides a hassle-free way to take your unwanted car and turn it into a tax deductible donation to the NSCD. They will take your information, handle all the paperwork, tow your vehicle at no charge and sell it with the proceeds going directly to the NSCD. Contact them by clicking here or by calling (303) 423-CARS.
If you would like more information on convenient and meaningful ways to support the NSCD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The NSCD Wish List
When you support the NSCD, you help us provide life changing experiences through therapeutic sports and recreation. Email email@example.com if you are able to contribute.
All our programs are made possible through the generosity of individuals, businesses and foundations who donate gifts of time, money and services.
Please help us obtain the following items:
- Sports pennies – bib or sleeve style for differentiating teams
- Adult archery sets
- Bocce game equipment
- Croquet game equipment
- Camping cots
- Week-long lodging for up to 12 people (NSCD hosted camps – various times of year)
- Air miles from carriers operating out to Denver
- Carabiners – loadbearing, notchless, locking carabiners
- Roll of 1″ width polypropylene webbing (1,100 lb strength)
- 25 heavy duty 1″ cam buckles (2,000 lb strength)
- Radio headsets for guiding blind skiers – call NSCD for specifics
- HD video camera – call NSCD for specifics
- Extra-large digital picture frame