Dear NSCD Athletes, Families, Volunteers, Partners & Friends,
The world is grappling with an issue of enormous scale and human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID – 19). Our responsibility is to the health and well-being of our participants, volunteers and staff. As news of COVID – 19 unfolds, we want to ensure you that we are staying on-top of state and federal recommendations to keep our community healthy.
It is with a heavy heart that we have made the extremely difficult decision to cancel all NSCD programs scheduled through July 6th, all overnight camps and all therapeutic riding programs and camps. We are continuing to accept reservations for programs from July 7th onward. If additional cancellations are made, full refunds will be provided.
This decision was thoughtfully made with extreme caution and concern and after consulting with the NSCD Board of Trustees Executive Committee and Leadership Team. While canceling programs is incredibly disappointing for everyone, particularly our participants and volunteers, the health and safety of our entire NSCD community is always our top priority. We will continue to make decisions with vigilance and courage that are informed by the latest science-based information and reassess when we will resume programs.
Click Here to access our COVID-19 FAQ to learn more.
If you are interested in a reservation for an individual or family, please go online to www.nscd.org/participate.
- Select the program category you are interested in from the menu on the left, under “Our Programs“
- Select your activity or lesson from the choices on the page and click the BOOK NOW button to proceed with your online reservation.
If you are interested in an agency or group reservation, please call 970-726-1518.
View an EXISTING reservation for an activity or lesson
Access the NSCD/OnlySky Online Reservation System with the following steps:
To create or log into your OnlySky account click here.
- Create your account by completing the open fields or by connecting your Facebook or Google account. Please use the same email address you entered when making your NSCD reservation(s).
- Upon signing up, an automated email will be sent to your connected email address.
- Follow the directions in the email to verify your account.
Ability to Participate
Feel free and invigorated as you ski down a ski slope or paddle the rapids on the Platte River. Let the NSCD help you focus on your ability to participate in the sports and recreation you love. All programs are designed for individuals, families and groups and are available for all levels of ability, from beginner to advanced. Participants must be independent and manage self-care or bring a care-giver to provide assistance. We look forward to seeing you or your group this year.
Adventure Pass Program
With the NSCD Adventure Pass, a participant can attend any NSCD drop-in program at a discounted price! The Adventure Pass is good for 10 punches. This pass has no expiration. The Adventure Pass cannot be used toward NSCD programs that take place in the Winter Park and Granby areas.
- NSCD Moves! Workout (1 punch)
- Indoor Paddling Club (1 punch)
- Outdoor Paddling Club (2 punches)
- Indoor Climbing Club (1 punch)
- Outdoor Climbing Club (2 punches)
- Airgun and Archery ( 1 punch)
NSCD Reservation Policy
Welcome to the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) and thank you for making a reservation with us! The following policies apply to NSCD reservations.
- A 50% deposit is due at the time of your reservation. The remainder of your payment is due 30 days prior to your first scheduled activity/lesson. If your activity/lesson is scheduled within 30 days of the reservation, the full payment is due at the time of the reservation.
- If a participant does not attend a scheduled activity/lesson and does not call to cancel or reschedule (see reschedule policies below), they are considered a “no show” and there will be no refund.
- Based on the assessment of local school or road closures, including a closure of Winter Park Resort, I-70, or Berthoud Pass of more than 2 hours the day of the scheduled activity/lesson, the activity/lesson may be canceled by NSCD. You may be able to re-schedule based on availability. Closures affecting our programs will be posted at nscd.org or call 970-726-1518 to confirm delay times or closures.
- Participants must complete all required participant forms within one week of making a reservation.
- Preferably participants will submit all participant information through the online system. The NSCD cannot accept forms containing personal information through email communications. Alternatively, NSCD may receive forms by facsimile at 970-726-4112 or by mail at NSCD, P.O. Box 1290 Winter Park, CO 80482.
- Participants attempting to reschedule or cancel a reservation must do so online or by contacting the Customer Service team and/or leaving a voice message at 970-726-1518. Contacting other NSCD staff or leaving voice messages at other extensions will not meet the terms of this policy.
- The NSCD cannot accept sit ski or horse reservations for participants who weigh 200 lbs. or more due to equipment and safety reasons.
- Participants must be independent and manage self-care or bring a care-giver to provide assistance.
- For family ski/ride lessons, the family member must be a proficient and independent skier/rider with a higher skill level than the participant.
- There are no discounted passes for family members of participants participating in NSCD activities/lessons.
RESERVATION CHANGE POLICY – Individuals only
- Changes to reservations made more than 31 days from the activity/lesson date may be changed with no additional fees.
- Changes made to a reservation from 30 days to 3 days of the activity/lesson date can be made by calling customer service at 970-726-1518 and will incur a $25 change fee.
- No changes are allowed within 48 hours* of the reserved activity/lesson.
RESERVATION CANCELLATION POLICY – Individuals only
- Cancellations to reservations made more than 31 days from the activity/lesson date may be cancelled with a 100% refund of the activity/lesson cost. There is a 5% fee applied when cancelling reservation(s).
- Cancellations made to reservations from 30 days to 3 days of the activity will receive a 50% refund of the activity/lesson cost.
- Cancellations within 48 hours* of the reserved activity/lesson will not receive a refund or credit.
GROUP RESERVATION POLICY
In addition to the above policies, the following policies apply to groups participating with the NSCD:
- Deposits for group reservations are nonrefundable.
- Group participants must have individual participant forms completed within 21 days of reservation. If the group reservation is made within 45 days from the activity/lesson date, the group participants must complete the forms within one week.
- One adult representative from the group must be available at the activity/lesson location at all times during the group’s activity/lesson.
- The substitution of a participant is not permitted due to the specific needs of each participant and the need to schedule appropriate NSCD staff.
- If an individual from your group does not attend one of the activity/lesson dates, there is no refund or rescheduling.
* 48 hours is determined by the reserved activity/lesson date, not the exact time of the activity/lesson. For example, you would have to cancel/reschedule an activity/lesson by Wednesday at 5:00 pm for an activity/lesson scheduled for Saturday.
Scholarship Application Information
NSCD scholarships are awarded twice a year. To apply, fill out the NSCD Scholarship Application. Due dates are listed in the table below:
|For NSCD Lessons/Activities:||Scholarship Application Available:||Scholarship Application Due:||Scholarship Awarded By:|
|May 1- November 14||April 1||May 1||May 16|
|November 15- April 30||September 6||October 15||October 30|
Please call 970-726-1518 or email [email protected] if you have questions regarding the scholarship application. Award decisions are based on financial need and are solely at the discretion of the NSCD.
The NSCD receives grant funding from Disabled Sports USA (DSUSA) that helps to keep certain programs low-cost or free for participants. As a condition of this grant funding, the NSCD reports some participant information to DSUSA, including birth dates and diagnoses, so that DSUSA can measure the impact of their funding. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the NSCD Development Director at [email protected].