Dear NSCD Athletes, Families, Volunteers, Partners & Friends,
Reservations are open! We are taking reservations for our summer programs in Winter Park and the Denver metro area. To the left, click on the category of interest to see what is available. Some of the NSCD programs, including ability clinics, are currently suspended and we are hosting day camps instead of overnight camps.
Things will look and feel a bit different as we implement health and safety procedures, limit the number of people in our facilities to ensure physical distancing, and focus on programs that can be provided under these guidelines. For all participants, staff and volunteers know that face coverings will be required, daily health screenings will be implemented, increased cleaning and disinfection procedures will be in place, and there will be limited access to gathering or waiting indoors as well as limited space to store personal belongings.
We look forward to seeing you all!
Note: The NSCD Program team has launched a series of videos via YouTube that provide activities you can do from home. Due to the popularity of these programs, we have expanded our virtual options by launching a series of live-streaming programs via Zoom. Click on “Virtual Programming” to the left to see what free program options are available.
Click Here to access our COVID-19 FAQ to learn more.
NSCD Reservation Policy
Welcome to the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) and thank you for making a reservation with us! The following policies apply to NSCD reservations.
- A 50% deposit is due at the time of your reservation. The remainder of your payment is due 30 days prior to your first scheduled activity/lesson. If your activity/lesson is scheduled within 30 days of the reservation, the full payment is due at the time of the reservation.
- If a participant does not attend a scheduled activity/lesson and does not call to cancel or reschedule (see reschedule policies below), they are considered a “no show” and there will be no refund.
- Based on the assessment of local school or road closures, including a closure of Winter Park Resort, I-70, or Berthoud Pass of more than 2 hours the day of the scheduled activity/lesson, the activity/lesson may be cancelled by NSCD. You may be able to re-schedule based on availability. Closures affecting our programs will be posted at org or call 970-726-1518 to confirm delay times or closures.
- Participants must complete all required participant forms within one week of making a reservation.
- Preferably participants will submit all participant information through the online system. The NSCD cannot accept forms containing personal information through email communications. Alternatively, NSCD may receive forms by facsimile at 970-726-4112 or by mail at NSCD, P.O. Box 1290 Winter Park, CO 80482.
- Participants attempting to reschedule or cancel a reservation must contact the Customer Service team and/or leaving a voice message at 970-726-1518. Contacting other NSCD staff or leaving voice messages at other extensions will not meet the terms of this policy.
- The NSCD cannot accept sit ski or horse reservations for participants who weigh 200 lbs. or more due to equipment and safety reasons.
- Participants must be independent and manage self-care or bring a care-giver to provide assistance.
- For family ski/ride lessons, the family member must be a proficient and independent skier/rider with a higher skill level than the participant.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
- Call Customer Service at 970-726-1518 to cancel a reservation, as early as possible, if the participant receives a positive COVID-19 test result within 14 days of their reservation or exhibits the following symptoms within 48 hours prior to the reservation: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea.
- If an individual participant exhibits the symptoms above or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 they will receive a full refund. The NSCD cannot guarantee a rebooking date for another reservation. The NSCD may require a signed health screening form or copy of the positive test results to process the refund.
- If a participant(s) in a group reservation exhibits the symptoms above or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 resulting in the cancellation of a reservation(s), the pro-rated amount for the affected individual(s) will be refunded. The reservation cannot be rebooked for another date. The NSCD may require a signed health screening form or copy of the positive test results to process the refund.
- If Winter Park Resort, other partner facilities and/or the NSCD is closed due to COVID-19, individual participant and group reservations will be refunded in full.
RESERVATION CHANGE POLICY – Individual Lessons only
- Changes to reservations made more than 31 days from the activity/lesson date may be changed with no additional fees.
- Changes made to a reservation from 30 days to 3 days of the activity/lesson date can be made by calling customer service at 970-726-1518 and will incur a $25 change fee.
- No changes are allowed within 48 hours* of the reserved activity/lesson.
RESERVATION CANCELLATION POLICY – Individual Lessons only
- Cancellations to reservations made more than 31 days from the activity/lesson date may be cancelled with a 100% refund of the activity/lesson cost.
- Cancellations made to reservations from 30 days to 3 days of the activity will receive a 50% refund of the activity/lesson cost.
- Cancellations within 48 hours* of the reserved activity/lesson will not receive a refund or credit.
GROUP RESERVATION POLICY
In addition to the above policies, the following policies apply to groups participating with the NSCD:
- Deposits for group reservations are nonrefundable.
- Group participants must have individual participant forms completed within 21 days of reservation. If the group reservation is made within 45 days from the activity/lesson date, the group participants must complete the forms within one week.
- One adult representative from the group must be available at the activity/lesson location at all times during the group’s activity/lesson.
- The substitution of a participant is not permitted due to the specific needs of each participant and the need to schedule appropriate NSCD staff.
- If an individual from your group does not attend one of the activity/lesson dates, there is no refund or rescheduling.
* 48 hours is determined by the reserved activity/lesson date, not the exact time of the activity/lesson. For example, you would have to cancel/reschedule an activity/lesson by Wednesday 5:00pm for an activity/lesson scheduled for Saturday.
Scholarship Application Information
NSCD scholarships are awarded twice a year. To apply, fill out the NSCD Scholarship Application. Due dates are listed in the table below:
|For NSCD Lessons/Activities:||Scholarship Application Available:||Scholarship Application Due:||Scholarship Awarded By:||Reservations
|May 1- November 14||March 8-26, 2021||March 26, 2021||March 30, 2021||March 31, 2021|
|November 15 – April 30||August 1 – September 1, 2021||September 2, 2021||September 15, 2021||October 1, 2021|
Click here for the scholarship application!
Please call 970-726-1518 or email [email protected] if you have questions regarding the scholarship application. Award decisions are based on financial need and are solely at the discretion of the NSCD.
The NSCD receives grant funding from Move United (formerly Disabled Sports USA (DSUSA)) that helps to keep certain programs low-cost or free for participants. As a condition of this grant funding, the NSCD reports some participant contact information to Move United, including birth dates and diagnoses, so that Move United can measure the impact of their funding. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the NSCD Development Director at [email protected].