NSCD Scholarship Program
The National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) offers scholarships for adaptive outdoor recreation activities for individuals of all ages, abilities and interests. We believe that everyone should be able to participate in our programs no matter their financial abilities. All activities provided by the NSCD are provided at reduced costs to participants but we strive to provide programming for all regardless of financial situation. Participants who demonstrate financial need may be eligible for a scholarship to cover a portion of the cost of programs. We strongly encourage participants to pay as much as they are able so that scholarships will be available to others throughout the year.
Military members, active or Veteran, qualify to participate in the NSCD programs at no or low cost and do not need to submit a scholarship application. Please call a customer service representative at (303) 515-NSCD (6723) to obtain a veterans/military discount code for participation.
Scholarship Program Requirements
- All of the information provided in the NSCD Scholarship Application will remain confidential. Statistical information from scholarship awards may be used for fundraising and grant reporting purposes.
- Scholarship Applications should be filled out on-line by clicking on this link: scholarship application link. If you need assistance in completing the scholarship application or need to request a hardcopy of the application, please call (303) 515-NSCD (6723) and we will be happy to assist you.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer each question as completely as possible or note N/A (not applicable) in the space provided.
- Scholarship may not be used during the NSCD “high season” dates without prior approval. Click here and scroll down to the middle of the page for the calendar.
- Please review the complete scholarship program requirements here.
Scholarship Application Information
If you need assistance in completing the scholarship application or need to request a hardcopy of the application, please call (303) 515-NSCD (6723) and we will be happy to assist you.
NSCD scholarships are awarded year round as long as scholarship funds are available. The NSCD fiscal year is Nov 1 – Oct 31. Please submit your scholarship application before you make any reservations. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be issued a voucher that can be applied to your online reservation.
|For NSCD Lessons/Activities:
|May 1- October 31
|November 1 – April 30
The NSCD receives grant funding from Move United (formerly Disabled Sports USA (DSUSA)) that helps to keep certain programs low-cost or free for participants. As a condition of this grant funding, the NSCD reports some participant contact information to Move United, including birth dates and diagnoses, so that Move United can measure the impact of their funding. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the NSCD Development Director at [email protected].