Book a reservation for an activity or lesson
If you are interested in a summer reservation for an individual or family, please go online to www.nscd.org/participate. You may select your activity or lesson and click the BOOK NOW button to proceed with your online reservation.
If you are interested in a ski, snowboard or cross country lesson before April 21, 2019, please call 970-726-1518.
If you are interested in an agency or group reservation, please call 970-726-1518.
Ability to Participate
Feel free and invigorated as you ski down a ski slope or paddle the rapids on the Platte River. Let the NSCD help you focus on your ability to participate in the sports and recreation you love. All programs are designed for individuals, families and groups and are available for all levels of ability, from beginner to advanced. Participants must be independent and manage self-care or bring a care-giver to provide assistance. We look forward to seeing you or your group this year.
Adventure Pass Program
With the NSCD Adventure Pass, a participant can attend any NSCD drop-in program at a discounted price! The Adventure Pass is good for 10 punches. This pass has no expiration. The Adventure Pass cannot be used toward NSCD programs that take place in the Winter Park and Granby areas.
- NSCD Moves! Workout (1 punch)
- Indoor Paddling Club (1 punch)
- Outdoor Paddling Club (2 punches)
- Indoor Climbing Club (1 punch)
- Outdoor Climbing Club (2 punches)
- Airgun and Archery ( 1 punch)
NSCD Reservation Policy
Welcome to the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) and thank you for making a reservation with us! The following policies apply to NSCD reservations.
- A 50% deposit is due at the time of your reservation. The remainder of your payment is due 30 days prior to your first scheduled activity/lesson. If your activity/lesson is scheduled within 30 days of the reservation, the full payment is due at the time of the reservation.
- If a participant does not attend a scheduled activity/lesson and does not call to cancel or reschedule (see reschedule policies below), they are considered a “no show” and there will be no refund.
- Based on the assessment of local school or road closures, including a closure of Winter Park Resort, I-70, or Berthoud Pass of more than 2 hours the day of the scheduled activity/lesson, the activity/lesson may be canceled by NSCD. You may be able to re-schedule based on availability. Closures affecting our programs will be posted at nscd.org or call 970-726-1518 to confirm delay times or closures.
- Participants must complete all required participant forms within one week of making a reservation.
- Preferably participants will submit all participant information through the online system. The NSCD cannot accept forms containing personal information through email communications. Alternatively, NSCD may receive forms by facsimile at 970-726-4112 or by mail at NSCD, P.O. Box 1290 Winter Park, CO 80482.
- Participants attempting to reschedule or cancel a reservation must do so online or by contacting the Customer Service team and/or leaving a voice message at 970-726-1518. Contacting other NSCD staff or leaving voice messages at other extensions will not meet the terms of this policy.
- The NSCD cannot accept sit ski or horse reservations for participants who weigh 200 lbs. or more due to equipment and safety reasons.
- Participants must be independent and manage self-care or bring a care-giver to provide assistance.
- For family ski/ride lessons, the family member must be a proficient and independent skier/rider with a higher skill level than the participant.
- There are no discounted passes for family members of participants participating in NSCD activities/lessons.
RESERVATION CHANGE POLICY
- Changes to reservations made more than 31 days from the activity/lesson date may be changed with no additional fees.
- Changes made to a reservation from 30 days to 3 days of the activity/lesson date can be made by calling customer service at 970-726-1518 and will incur a $25 change fee.
- No changes are allowed within 48 hours* of the reserved activity/lesson.
RESERVATION CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellations to reservations made more than 31 days from the activity/lesson date may be canceled with a 100% refund of the activity/lesson cost. There is a 5% fee applied when canceling reservation(s).
- Cancellations made to reservations from 30 days to 3 days of the activity will receive a 50% refund of the activity/lesson cost.
- Cancellations within 48 hours* of the reserved activity/lesson will not receive a refund or credit.
GROUP RESERVATION POLICY
In addition to the above policies, the following policies apply to groups participating with the NSCD:
- Group participants must have individual participant forms completed 45 days prior to the group activity/lesson date. If the group reservation is made within 45 days from the activity/lesson date, the group participants must complete the forms within one week.
- One adult representative from the group must be available at the activity/lesson location at all times during the group’s activity/lesson.
- The substitution of a participant is not permitted due to the specific needs of each participant and the need to schedule appropriate NSCD staff.
- If an individual from your group does not attend one of the activity/lesson dates, there is no refund or rescheduling.
* 48 hours is determined by the reserved activity/lesson date, not the exact time of the activity/lesson. For example, you would have to cancel/reschedule an activity/lesson by Wednesday at 5:00 pm for an activity/lesson scheduled for Saturday.
All reservations must be made by calling our reservation line at 970- 726-1518. Online reservations/registration is NOT available.
- Reservations are required for all programs and can be made by calling 970-726-1518.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Day-of reservations accepted based upon availability.
- A 50% deposit is due at the time a reservation is made. The remainder of your payment is due thirty (30) days prior to your first scheduled activity. If an activity is scheduled within thirty (30) days of service, the full payment is due at the time of the reservation.
- Participants canceling reservations within 14 days of their reservation will be charged 50% of the activity cost.
- Participants rescheduling reservations within 14 days of their reservation will incur a $25 change fee due at time of reservation reschedule.
- Participants who do not attend a scheduled activity or do not call 48 hours in advance to cancel are considered a “no show” and will not receive a refund.
Fill out the inquiry form to the right for more information. *Please note this is not a registration or a reservation. Customer Service must be contacted for your registration/reservation. Reservations can be made by calling 970-726-1518. No online reservations are currently accepted.
Scholarship Application Information
NSCD scholarships are awarded twice a year. To apply, fill out the NSCD Scholarship Application. Due dates are listed in the table below:
|Scholarship Application Available:||Scholarship Application Due:||Scholarship Awarded By:|
|April 1||May 1||May 16|
|September 1||October 15||October 30|
Please call 970-726-1518 or email [email protected] if you have questions regarding the scholarship application. Award decisions are based on financial need and are solely at the discretion of the NSCD.
NSCD Scholarship Application (this link will be live during application window only)
The NSCD receives grant funding from Disabled Sports USA (DSUSA) that helps to keep certain programs low-cost or free for participants. As a condition of this grant funding, the NSCD reports some participant information to DSUSA, including birth dates and diagnoses, so that DSUSA can measure the impact of their funding. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Courtney Winn, NSCD Grants Manager, at [email protected].